Own this profile? Request changes
- Doctor of Philosophy in Adult Education, University of Georgia (2013)
Dissertation Title: Growing into Leadership: A Study of the Informal and Incidental Learning of Women Agricultural Deans and Vice Presidents
Interdisciplinary Certificate of Qualitative Research
Certificate of Human Resources and Organizational Development
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership & Administration, University of Georgia (2008)
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture in Agricultural Communication, University of Georgia (2005)
Interdisciplinary Certificate of Leadership and Service
As Extension Leadership Specialist, Dr. Griffeth provides direction for Advancing Georgia's Leaders in Agriculture and Forestry, ExTEND and Extension Academy leadership development programs targeting both private industry professionals and Extension employees to provide further development for their leadership. These leadership development programs provide opportunities for individuals to experience personal growth while building professional and organizational capital. Dr. Griffeth also provides support to various Extension functions within the state as needed with stand-a-lone leadership training.
Dr. Griffeth is interested in women's leadership in agriculture, informal and incidental learning of leadership, experiential learning, leadership in higher education, generational differences in the workplace, personality assessments, qualitative research, narrative inquiry, millennial and workplace leadership, and leadership development for extension/agricultural professionals.
- California Psychological Inventory (CPI 260)
- Change Style Indicator (CSI)
- Clifton StrengthsFinder (Strengths)
- Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation (FIRO)
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Strong Interest Inventory (Strong)
- Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI)
- Griffeth, L. L. (2015). Growing into leadership: A study of informal/incidental learning of women deans and vice presidents at land-grant institutions in the United States. Paper Presented at the Academy of Human Resources and Organizational Development.
- Griffeth, L. L. (2012). Informal/incidental learning of women administrators in higher education. Paper Presented at the Academy of Human Resources and Organizational Development.
- Griffeth, L. L. (2012). Coaching through assessment: Women's leadership in the workplace. Paper Presented at the Academy of Human Resources and Organizational Development.
Griffeth, L. & Stephens, A (2017). 10 life hacks for wanna-be-well-adjusted 20 somethings. University of Georgia Extension. Circular 1115. May 2017.
- Charas, S., Griffeth, L. & Malik, R. (2015). Why men have more help getting to the c-suite. Harvard Business Review. Retrieved from: https://hbr.org/2015/11/why-men-have-more-help-getting-to-the-c-suite.