The Department of Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communication promotes the study and practice of messaging, educational strategies, and personal leadership as vehicles for influencing societal attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors about agricultural and environmental science. With a focus on strategically promoting and strengthening the food and fiber sectors through scholarship, experiential teaching and learning, and outreach, ALEC is committed to improving lives through Georgia's land-grant mission by:
- Preparing agricultural educators who teach youth and adults- through formal and informal methods in a variety of contexts- about food, fiber and natural resource systems
- Developing professionals who lead effective change in the context of agricultural and environmental systems on local, state, national and international levels
- Preparing agricultural communicators to disseminate information to agribusinesses, government agencies, educational and nonprofit centers and institutes, and media outlets
- Creating and disseminating knowledge about the agricultural leadership, education, and communication through faculty and student research
ALEC degrees provide students with the knowledge, skills and experiences they need to thrive in their careers and community and to change lives. We offer the following degrees:
- Bachelor's Degree in Agricultural Education (Teacher preparation)
- Bachelor's Degree in Agricultural Communication
- Master of Agricultural and Environmental Education
- uLEAD: Certificate in Leadership and Service
- Doctor of Philosophy in Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communication
Students receive personal attention and a challenging and supportive learner-centered educational environment. We offer a small-school atmosphere amidst the abundant opportunities and resources at UGA.
ALEC faculty are highly rated for their teaching, research and outreach programs in teacher education, extension education, leadership development, service learning, program development and evaluation, internationalization of curriculum, distance education, information and technology transfer, and organizational and community change.
405 COLLEGE STATION RD
ATHENS, GA 30602