Agricultural Communication BSA
AGCM BSA degree is a comprehensive and cutting-edge program designed to create elite and sought-after graduates in the communication industry. Following the heritage of UGA, this program incorporates the principles of research, teaching, and engagement to develop critically, culturally and technologically engaged agricultural communication professionals.
- What can I do with a major in Agricultural Communication?
- AGCM Degree Requirements
- AGCM Degree Checklist
Areas of emphasis:
- Consumer engagement
- Technology engagement and adaptation
- Message development with technology
- Local food awareness and engagement
- Farmer/producer interactions with consumers
- Culture-centered engagement
- Serving audiences
- Cross-cultural message development
- Food insecurity
- Farm-to-School engagement
Develop skills in:
- Cultural competency
- Critical thinking
- Technology and communication trends
- Cross-cultural engagement
Capstone Experiences are a highlight of the degree. Students will engage in a domestic or international experience to learn digital storytelling, media channel use and development, message development for culturally diverse populations and engagement with local food systems.