GRE and MAT Test Preparation
Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
ALEC requires applicants to take the GRE or the MAT.
- ALEC requires a Verbal Score of 150 or higher and a Quantitative Score of 140 or higher for the GRE exam.
- ALEC requires a score of 400 on the MAT exam.
The Power Point slides will assist you in preparing for the GRE exam. There are a variety of free resources and practice exams available from the Educational Testing Services. Links to resources are provided in the attached Power Point slides.
- Overview of the GRE General Test
- Preparing for the Verbal Reasoning Measure
- Preparing for the Quantitative Reasoning Measure
- Preparing for the Analytical Writing Measure
- On Test Day: Test Taker Experience
- Summary of Power Point slides
- GRE Information Bulletin for 2019-2020
Miller Analogy Test (MAT)
- Information about the MAT including testing sites and preparation guides
- MAT Study Guide
- Summary Power Point slides for MAT
Financial Aid Tips for Native American Students
- Finding Resources for Graduate School Specific to Native Americans – Created by Dwight Carlston, Navajo Nation
- Graduate School Funding for Native American Students-Created by Malanie Begay and Dwight Carlston
This project is funded by the New Approaches to Diversity and Inclusion Grant, University of Georgia