Participate in AGL
Advancing Georgia's Leaders in Agriculture and Forestry develops individuals within agriculture and natural resources to become more effective spokespeople for their industries, establish strong allegiances across the state and nation and further develop their leadership skills.
Participants will be selected through a nomination, application and interview process. Each class will have up to 25 individuals diverse in age, gender, ethnicity, geographic location, professional background, and level of experience.
Candidates should be actively involved in Georgia's agriculture, forestry, natural resources and/or supporting industries and have demonstrated leadership potential. While there is no minimum education requirement, participants should be able to demonstrate leadership experience, work experience, and a high level of maturity.
Our team is designing a 17-month program to include five in-state and one national leadership institute to Washington D.C. covered by the participant registration cost and donor funds. Participants will build strong personal leadership skills while emphasizing a renewed focus on Georgia agriculture, forestry, natural resources and allied industries. Sessions will include a variety of interactive experiences including: personality inventories, peer coaching, media training, and interpersonal skill enhancement. Out-of-the-classroom learning will be used to expand participants’ industry networks and will be on location throughout the state of Georgia and Washington D.C. There will be an optional international experience to Chile for our alumni and their guest in March 2021.
- Institute I - Accepting the Challenge: Personal Leadership Development in the Classic City, August 27-29, 2019 - Athens, GA
- Institute II - Boots on the Ground: Building Better Teams for Agriculture & Forestry, November 19-21, 2019 - Mt. Berry, GA
- Institute III - Effective Communication: State Government, Economic Development & Innovation, February 4-6, 2020 - Macon & Atlanta, GA
- Institute IV - Into the Woods & Into the Fields: Blazing a Trail of Leadership, May 12-14, 2020 - Valdosta & Albany, GA
- Institute V - From Local Pastures to our Federal Political Process: Legislative Advocacy within our Nation's Capitol, August 23-27, 2020 - Washington D.C.
- Institute VI - It's All About the Journey: Production, Transportation & Costal Explorations, December 2-4, 2020 - Savannah, GA
- Graduation & Alumni Business Meeting: Leadership Lessons Learned through AGL & Beyond, December 5, 2020 - Jekyll Island, GA
Registration cost for the program is $4,000.00. We will accept two payments. The first is due August 27, 2019. The second will be due April 1, 2020.